Friday, February 27, 2009

Shakechi Hachiman Shrine, Hamada

h106

Shakechi Hachiman Shrine is tucked away in a quiet neighborhood just off Route 186, the main road south out of Hamada towards Hiroshima.

Like most shrine it is unmanned, but I was surprised to see a display case with ofuda and Omamori for sale, until I learnt that amulets from this shrine are known specificly for traffic safety, so when you get a new car this is the place to come for protection while driving.

h104

There are quite a few secondary shrines within the grounds including this Inari Shrine.

h101

There is an Ebisu shrine, and Omoto Shrine, and a Jyunisha, which I believe is a shrine to the 12. animals of the Chinese zodiac.

h100


2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I was trying to find some information on Foo Dogs and I stumbled upon your blog. Wow, you really have some great information and terrific pictures! I hope you don't decide to delete it before I go through all of your terrific links.
    It's difficult to find any books on Japanese culture in the area that I live. Your website is a treasure trove and thanks to your sidebar links, I now know many more terms to look up. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alie. No reason for me to delete anything. I'll just keep adding :)

    ReplyDelete