Thursday, May 14, 2009

My back yard.

kod4108

Nothing much exciting this post, just some views of my backyard! Actually we don't have a backyard, our house backs directly on to the mountainside and forest. The mountain is 254 metres high, and no-one knows if it has a name. There is supposed to be an old charcoal-makers hut on the top, but as yet I havent made it up that far.

kod4106

There is a small graveyard/cemetery immediately behind the house, and this section is planted in cedar, but the rest of the mountain is mixed forest. I havent gone up there much simply because it is very steep. Its the domain of the bear, wild boar, monkey, badger, weasel, marten, civet, among others.

kod4115

The mountain belongs to the local shrine, but in the years I've been here there has been no work done on or in the mountain, no thinning or planting etc. I plan on talking to the priest and some of the old guys in the village and see if I cant go in and tend the forest a little and get some firewood in the process.

3 comments:

  1. You live in an amazing place. Completely different than my neck of the woods-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldnt live where you do.... would go crazy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glorious trees and forest. Monkeys, not so much. Love your posts and photos always.

    ReplyDelete